Medically Injected Glue
Medically injected glue is an innovative treatment option for Varicose Veins available at Endovascular WA.
What is it?
Medical grade glue is used to glue shut and seal the main defective vein, preventing the pooling of blood that results in varicose veins. Once the vein has been glued shut, it will undergo a process of hardening and will be gradually absorbed by the body. The procedure is very safe, minimally invasive and patients remain awake with simply a local anaesthetic used.
How does it work?
The procedure involves the placement of a very small amount of Medical Glue into the vein through a small catheter. Once the affected vein is closed, blood is immediately re-routed through other healthy veins in the leg. Advantages of Medically Injected Glue
- Unlike other treatments, the procedure does not require a Regional Nerve Block or large volumes of Anaesthesia.
- There are no pre-procedures drugs involved and patients can return to their normal activities right after the treatment.
- There is a reduction in the duration of post procedure compression stockings.
An example of Medically injected glue used in a procedure performed by Dr Nadkarni at our Claremont practice;
Endovascular WA Overview
- Our Services
- Vascular Conditions
- Pain Management
- Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures
- Pre and Post Procedure
- About Us
- Medical “glue” treatment for Varicose Veins now covered under Medicare!
- 20 minute treatment for the athlete’s injury- partial anterior cruciate ligament tear
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome – as seen on Today Tonight
- Radial Artery Puncture Procedure – first in WA
- Varicose Veins increase the risk of DVT by 5 times!