Endovascular WA‘s experienced physcians use modern imaging equipment to accurately guide a needle to deliver pain relieving and disease modifying medication precisely into the region that is the patient’s source of pain, with minimal trauma to surrounding tissue. As such, these injections are useful in patients who have not responded adequately to rest, rehabilitation and medications. It is also of use in patients as a last resort prior to contemplating, or awaiting surgery.
The type of injection (such as a bursa, joint, facet joint, nerve root or epidural) will depend on firstly the diagnosis made on a previous XRay, Ultrasound, CT or MRI scan, as well after being personally reviewed by our doctor.
Benefits of image-guided injections
By performing the procedure under imaging guidance, the position of the needle tip in relation to the targeted joint or spinal nerve(s) can be accurately determined. The procedure may therefore be utilised as a diagnostic OR therapeutic procedure in that the patient’s pain will improve only if the nerve(s) or joint(s) injected are the source of pain.
Endovascular WA Overview
- Our Services
- Vascular Conditions
- Pain Management
- Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures
- Pre and Post Procedure
- About Us
- 20 minute treatment for the athlete’s injury- partial anterior cruciate ligament tear
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome – as seen on Today Tonight
- Radial Artery Puncture Procedure – first in WA
- Varicose Veins increase the risk of DVT by 5 times!
- APSCVIR Conference 2018 – Dr Sanjay Nadkarni & Dr Hugo Rio Tinto