Q. Will the procedure hurt?
A. You will be given a local anesthetic so you will not feel any pain during the procedure.
Q. Will varicoceles embolisation affect my fertility?
A. It can improve fertility in some cases, your doctor will discuss further with you on consultation.
Q. Will it affect my sexual function?
A. There is no evidence that varicocele embolisation effects your sexual function.
Q. How long will I need to rest for?
A. You will need to rest for the rest of the day after surgery but you can normally return to work the following day.
Q. Do I need a general anesthetic?
A. Generally you will be just be given a local anesthetic, this allows for faster recovery time. You can be slightly sedated if it makes you more comfortable.
Q. How long will the procedure take?
A. The procedure itself only takes a short while. You will be able to go home a few hours following the procedure.
Q. How common are varicoceles?
A. Up to 20 per cent of all men have a varicocele, but up to 40 per cent of men who have fertility problems have a varicocele.
Endovascular WA Overview
- Our Services
- Vascular Conditions
- Pain Management
- Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures
- Pre and Post Procedure
- About Us
- 20 minute treatment for the athlete’s injury- partial anterior cruciate ligament tear
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome – as seen on Today Tonight
- Radial Artery Puncture Procedure – first in WA
- Varicose Veins increase the risk of DVT by 5 times!
- APSCVIR Conference 2018 – Dr Sanjay Nadkarni & Dr Hugo Rio Tinto