Endovascular WA‘s experienced physcians use modern imaging equipment to accurately guide a needle to deliver pain relieving and disease modifying medication precisely into the region that is the patient’s source of pain, with minimal trauma to surrounding tissue. As such, these injections are useful in patients who have not responded adequately to rest, rehabilitation and medications. It is also of use in patients as a last resort prior to contemplating, or awaiting surgery.
The type of injection (such as a bursa, joint, facet joint, nerve root or epidural) will depend on firstly the diagnosis made on a previous XRay, Ultrasound, CT or MRI scan, as well after being personally reviewed by our doctor.
Endovascular WA provides pain relieve for the following conditions:
- Severe back pain, including cervical (upper), thoracic (middle), lumbar (lower) spine. Pain at the base of the spine (sacrum and coccyx) can also be treated by our skilled radiology team.
- Subacromial & trochanteric bursitis
- Tennis and Golfers elbow
- Morton’s neuroma
- Tenosynovitis ,Synovial cyst/ganglion
- Plantar fasciopathy
- Chronic shoulder,knee & hip pain
- Osteoarthritis,Rheumatoid Arthritis,Gout
- Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrowm (IBTS)