Varicose veins are NOT just a cosmetic issue. New research shows that people suffering from varicose veins are 5 times more likely to develop a DVT (deep vein thrombosis) which can result in amputation or even death and 2 times more likely to develop a pulmonary embolism which can also be fatal. With so many minimally invasive, non surgical vein treatments available there is no reason to risk your health.
As quoted in the article;
- Varicose veins increase the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) by five times
- DVT is a clot in the legs, which can lead to amputation or even death
- Varicose veins make people twice as likely to develop a pulmonary embolism
- This is a clot that travels to the lung and can be life-threatening
- Varicose veins double peripheral artery disease’s risk, which reduces blood flow
Read the full article here more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5441023/Varicose-veins-warning-sign-deadly-blood-clots.html#ixzz5AAGf11Ce